The Institute of Portuguese Language and Culture, ins strict collaboration with Lisbon University offers a Portuguese as a Foreign Language course to incoming foreign students in the Erasmus+ programme.
This initiative aims to support the development of activities that promote the internationalization of the University and, at the same time, encourage the international student community to continue their studies at ULisboa.
Classes have 15 to 20 students from different academic backgrounds and with distinct areas of interest and who have in common the fact that they are living a university exchange experience, in the Erasmus+ program.
The courses last 56 hours and the groups are organized into sub-levels, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Classes take place at the facilities of 5 of the schools that are part of ULisboa: FLUL, IST, FAUL, FBAUL, FMH and the completion of the course entitle participants to 6 ects.
Next Courses (1st semester 2023/24)
Registration must be made up to 15 days prior to the beginning of the course.
Date: September 11th to December 14th, 2023
deadline - August 27th
Schedule: Classes take place twice a week, at two different times, in person:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
Directed to: Erasmus+ mobility students of all ULisboa Schools Students will be placed in the different sublevels according to the results of a previous language test. Classes will take into account the students’ profiles and the specific academic context they are enrolled in. To obtain the certificate and the ECTS, students must attend, 75% of classes (at least).
Registration documents required
- Enrollment form
- Student’s card/declaration attesting that the student belongs to the Erasmus+ program at ULisboa
- Copy of an identification document
- 1 photo
- Tuition fee payment of 75€, by bank transfer to the following account (present transfer confirmation):
- IBAN: PT 50 0035 0824 0000 7647 2305 9
- Account name: Associação para o Desenvolvimento da Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa
Withdrawals and reimbursement
- Groups have a minimum of 15 students. If a certain group has less than15 students, it can be cancelled and the students will be reimbursed of the registration fee.
- Beyond the considerations above, the enrollment fee will only be refunded in case of scheduling conflicts between PFL and ULisboa classes. Students may ask for the refund of the registration fee in a written and well-grounded request. The request can be sent by electronic mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or delivered in hand at the ICLP front office.
- The reimbursement request can only be made until the end of the first week of the course.